Nov 7, 2008

Misrepresentations

I am born again Christian. I believe that Jesus is my Lord and Savior. I am by no means perfect or claim to be. I would never condone looking down on someone for there own beliefs or do it myself. I may not agree with you but that's the way it is. If we didn't have disagreements to discuss we wouldn't learn anything. If you don't agree with that, then well, you're an idiot. Of course I'm kidding.
All that aside I've been having a hard time with how Christians are being misrepresented everywhere. We are portrayed as fanatical, violent, hateful, and money loving. Just turn on TBN and you can watch it happen there. Let me tell you something, that's not me or any of my Christian friends. I wish I could turn on the news and see a positive report about Christians who are doing something productive in the name of Christ. All that you see are the negative ones and it lumps us all together. I'm not done with TBN. Allot of what the public perceives us as is because of this circus. With the big hair and make up they do look like a bunch of clowns. There so-called "Praise-a-thon" is an absolute joke. It's a blatant attempt to exploit Jesus name to get money from people convinced that if they don't give a "love gift" they will lose there salvation. It's a very sad thing and it's frustrating to see these people get away with it. They get in front of the camera and distort the Scripture horribly to suit there needs.
I could go on and on about this subject but don't worry I won't. The distortions and the negative media coverage are hurting us Christians as a whole. You tell someone what you believe honestly without shoving it down there throat and they still get offended. They assume that you're from the TBN crowd. Sit down, get to know me, see exactly what I believe. Like I said I am so far from perfection it's not even funny and you will see that. One thing I'm not, is a fanatical, hateful, violent, greedy person. BYE!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So true Tim. As you and I have talked about, all Christians are lumped together and that sucks! Yes too many people use Christ's name to make money. Well we don't and all we can do is represent Christ in our lives to proove it!